A documentary researched and directed by French curator Marie de Brugerolle, “Who’s that Guy?” is a portrait of artist Guy de Cointet as seen by his friends Paul McCarthy, Mike Kelley, Michel Auder, Richard Jackson, John Baldessari, Larry Bell and Barbara Smith amongst others. They reminisce about his life, his work and the Los Angeles art scene in the 70s. The film was presented as part of Pacific Standard Time: Art in LA 1945-1980, a collaboration of more than 50 cultural institutions across Southern California.
- May 18, 2011 Centre Pompidou (MNAM) Paris
- May 25, 2011 South London Gallery, London
- June 12, 2011 Castello de Rivoli, Turin, Italy
- September 24, 2011 MK2 , Paris
- November 12, 2011 MUSAC, Leon, Spain
- December 10-11, 2011 The Getty Center, Los Angeles